Club Meeting: Water Drops
The Water Drops club meeting was lead by the board and focused on capturing the amazing details and designs that can be created by simply dripping water into a cup. Three stations were set up so that all club members could try out some new shooting techniques and it was great seeing everyone collaborating and being creative. There were 3 stations set up so that members could experiment with dropping water or food colouring in to cups or vases.
A few key points to remember:
- Make sure you have a good light source or an external flash.
- Use a tripod.
- Manually focus in the centre of your cup/vase to increase the chances of having a crisp shot.
- Use a high shutter speed.
- Have patience. It can take quite a few shots to get the image you are aiming for.
- Be creative and have fun!